Please review job openings below. Interested candidates who meet qualifications may forward their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please) or mail to: Communities In Schools of Northwest Michigan, Attn: Executive Director, 205 Grove Street, Mancelona, MI 49659.
CIS After School Lead Assistant
Seeking a part-time (20-24 hours/week) individual to work under the guidance of the CIS Site Coordinator to assist with the implementation of the CIS After School Programs, a 21st Century Community Learning Center. Responsible for ensuring a high level of program quality and working to establish a positive relationship with all program participants, their families and CIS staff. With considerable responsibility, and according to established guidelines and lesson plans, supervise an assigned group of children. Help to provide the necessary physical and emotional care and carry out developmental activities. Help to develop goals for the children, plan activities and evaluate each child’s progress.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understand and apply basic child and adolescent development principles.
- Communicate and develop positive relationships with youth.
- Adapt, facilitate and evaluate age appropriate activities with and for the group.
- Respect and honor cultural and human diversity.
- Involve and empower youth.
- Identify potential risk factors (in a program environment) and take measures to reduce risk.
- Care for, involve and work with families and community.
- Work as part of a team and shows professionalism.
- Demonstrate the attributes and qualities of a positive role model.
- Interact with and relate to youth in ways that support asset building.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum High Diploma with demonstrated relevant equivalent experience in working with school-age children and/or youth development.
Please submit letter of interest no later than Friday, October 2nd to: email@example.com.