Please review job openings below. Interested candidates who meet qualifications may forward their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please) or mail to: Communities In Schools of Northwest Michigan, Attn: Executive Director, 205 Grove Street, Mancelona, MI 49659.
After-School/Summer Site Coordinator
Communities In Schools of Northwest Michigan is looking for a full-time (32+ hours/week) Site Coordinator who is responsible for overall planning and managing of Communities In Schools (CIS) Afterschool and Summer Program at the school site.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Implementation of a comprehensive program for at-risk youth enrolled in the CIS Afterschool Program utilizing the CIS Model. Site Coordinator is thoroughly familiar with the approved grant contract with Michigan Department of Education, the CIS Model, Michigan Out-of-School Time Standards, and Child Care Licensing. Site Coordinator ensures CIS site meets general standards based on CIS Total Quality System (TQS) Standards. Site Coordinator establishes positive relationships and communication with school leaders, staff, students, and families. Site Coordinator is responsible for evaluation and program reporting.
Aside from having experience in working with school-age children, effective written and verbal communication skills and familiarity with local health and human service agencies a site coordinator must possess the knowledge, skills and personal attributes needed by entry-level professional to support the critical features of positive youth development settings. These core competencies are as follows:
- Understand and apply basic child and adolescent development principles.
- Communicate and develop positive relationships with youth.
- Adapt, facilitate and evaluate age appropriate activities with and for the group.
- Respect and honor cultural and human diversity.
- Involve and empower youth.
- Identify potential risk factors (in a program environment) and take measures to reduce risk.
- Care for, involve and work with families and community.
- Work as part of a team and shows professionalism.
- Demonstrate the attributes and qualities of a positive role model.
- Interact with and relate to youth in ways that support asset building.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated relevant equivalent experience in education, social work or related field.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Criminal background check required.
- The position is located at Kalkaska Middle School.
- Regular and satisfactory attendance and punctuality are required.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet qualifications may forward their resume directly to email@example.com (no phone calls please) or mail to: Communities In Schools of Northwest Michigan, Attention: Executive Director, 205 Grove Street, Mancelona, MI 49659. DEADLINE: Friday, May 10, 2019